As the Store Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the store operations in accordance with overall Company policy and procedure, to ensure that customer demand is exceeded.
The main focus of the role is improving the commercial performance of the store by increasing turnover and maximising profitability. Achieving performance objectives requires a particular focus on store operations and customer care, so that customer demand is exceeded.
The Store Manager is responsible for effective team and store management in order to promote Billabong’ best practice in every aspect, with the aim of driving increased footfall, generating more profitable sales, and to deliver strategy for growth, excellence and constant improvement.
Responsibilities of the Store Manager include:
• Managing and motivating the team to increase sales to ensure efficiency and to deliver the highest standard of customer service.
• Managing stock levels and contributing to Head Office decision-making regarding stock control.
• Analysing sales figures/conversion rates and forecasting future sales volumes to maximise profits.
• Analysing and interpreting trends (in seasonal activity, turnover etc.) to facilitate planning.
• Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding/monitoring forthcoming customer initiatives, monitoring competitors.
• Dealing with team issues, such as interviewing potential staff and providing or organising training and development.
• Updating team members on business performance, new initiatives etc.
• Helping to generate sales on a day-to-day basis by leading, motivating and developing the team.
• Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
• Responding to customer complaints and comments.
• Promoting the store locally by liaising with local schools, newspapers and the community in general.
• Contributing to organising special promotions, displays and events.
• Initiating changes to improve business and profitability, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market.
To become our Store Manager you must have the following skills and experience:
• Retail Management Experience
• Commercial Awareness within Retail
• Worked in a Target Driven environment
• Experience in Visual Merchandising within Fashion
• Be flexible with working hours – weekends and week days, late nights where permitted.
Candidates are asked to a covering letter along with their current CV is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please can the closing date be 30 June 2017